ABEA Abstract Submissions
Abstract submission deadline has been extended to Thursday, November 16th!
ABEA Author Submission Information and Guidelines
Abstract submissions will be accepted beginning August 31st through November 16th for the 98th Annual Meeting of the American Broncho-Esophagological Association at the Gaylord National Harbor Resort and Convention Center, April 18-20, 2018 in the Greater DC Area/National Harbor, Maryland. Submit your abstract today through this link.
The ABEA will again offer a third half-day session, allowing for additional podium presentations. The Program Committee encourages submission of your scientific contributions for presentation at the meeting and publication in The Laryngoscope.
Submission choices include Panel presentation, Podium presentation, or Poster. All presenters of panels, papers and posters are responsible for their own registration fee and travel expenses.
NEW THIS YEAR:
1) Poster Award Winners will receive cash prizes.
- 1st Place - $500
- 2nd Place - $250
- 3rd Place - $100
2) Authors accepted for poster presentations are now required to submit a manuscript to The Laryngoscope.
3) Authors submitting for podium presentations are required to submit one multiple choice question pertaining to their submission. These questions will be used to develop a self-assessment quiz for additional on-line CME.
ABEA Submission Timeline at a Glance
Abstract submission deadline extended to November 16, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: January 2018
Manuscript for Awards Due: February 2, 2018
Notification of Awards: March 2, 2018
ALL Manuscripts Due to ABEA and The Laryngoscope: March 30, 2018
Opens: April 1, 2018
Closes: April 15, 2018
Abstract Submission Instructions:
All abstracts must be submitted electronically through ABEA's Abstract Submission site.
All users must create a profile and enter required contact information including cell phone and email address.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- Abstracts must be submitted in the structured format of The Laryngoscope (Please access The Laryngoscope submission site for the most recent version of Instructions for Authors).
- Abstracts should be kept to 250 words or less.
- Do not reference any hospital or institution in the body of the abstract, or reference any other identifiers as abstracts are blinded to the reviewers.
- Authors submitting for podium presentations are required to submit one multiple choice question pertaining to their submission. These questions will be used to develop a self-assessment quiz for additional on-line CME. Please click here to read the required instructions on developing your multiple choice questions.
- Abstracts should not contain data presented or submitted elsewhere concurrently or published previously.
- Manuscripts for accepted abstracts must be submitted to the ABEA and to The Laryngoscope by March 30, 2018.
- Failure to follow abstract submission guidelines may result in the submission being withdrawn.
We look forward to seeing you in National Harbor for another outstanding scientific meeting.
James Burns, MD, FACS
Al Merati, MD, FACS
Program Committee Chair