Membership in the ABEA
Membership in the ABEA is by invitation only. All nominations for membership are made by the ABEA council, after sponsorship by existing members. These individuals are then elcted to membership by the active members of the ABEA. There are six clases of membership in the ABEA:
- Active Members (the only class permitted to vote and hold office)
- Associate Members (practitioners in allied specialties)
- Corresponding Members (prohibited by geographical location from regular attendance to meetings)
- Senior Members (former active, associate or corresponding members who may request after 25 years of membership or after reaching age 65 to be relieved by the Council of the duties and perogaties of their membership class).
- Honarary Members (individuals who have contributed in a unique way to Broncho-Esophagology, on whom the ABEA confers a special honor).
- Candidate Members (individuals who are not yet eligible for acitve membership, but are interested in participating with the ABEA)
- Resident Members (residents and fellows in training who are not yet eligible for candidate membership, but are interested in participating with the ABEA)
For more information about the process of joining the ABEA, and to download the application form, click here.